Are you struggling to get an idea that could potentially change your life? Are you tight on your budget and still want to do something bigger and achieve prosperity? Are you craving to make Your life better. if yes, then you are at the right place. Today we are going to give you a manufacturing business idea, that can change your life altogether, irrespective of the ups and downs in the market.
It is always better to start with a small scale business than a large scale business, as the latter is fraught with many risks and requires huge initial investment. So, today we are going to tell you about a very small scale manufacturing business idea in India, that needs small budget and is very less risky in nature. Once, you start this business, and get to know about its details and nuances, you can then expand it to a larger scale.
How to start your small scale business
You might be having a notion that all you need is a good to go idea and then other things will follow. Remember, it is not going to be a cake walk. Once you start your small scale business, you will have to face the heat of the market and other competitors. This is a harsh reality. But, if you adapt a proper planning, then you will go through it successfully.
You will have to chalk out a plan based upon your budget. You will have to minimise the expenses, look at the market demand and always think from the perspective of a customer. If you follow this mantra religiously, then success will definitely knock at your door.
The business idea , that we are going to talk about today is Soap Making.
Soap Manufacturing Business Idea
You might be wondering why we should choose this business idea. You might have other ideas in your mind, but lets look at what differentiates this idea from other ideas.
Soap Manufacturing business idea is a very fruitful idea because of the following reasons:
- This is an evergreen business. These items are consumed in every household in every season. These items are used for all purposes ranging from bathing to washing.
- Soap making business can be started with very minimal training.
- You will not have a harder time in convincing people to buy your products.
- These items have a very longer shelf life. You will not need any cold storage and other ware house facilities.
- India has a very large population and imagine the number of the soaps consumed in India daily.
- These items are imported from India. so if you manage to work properly, you might soon expand your business and have an export business.
- Raw material required for this business is cheap and very easily available in India.
- This business does not need a large area of land. It can be easily operated from a spare room in your house.
- People have started developing aesthetic sense. If you take care of this need, you will soon develop into a big brand.
Raw Material Required For Soap Manufacturing Business.
The most important raw materials required for this business are:
- Oils and Fats: Modern day soap manufacturing uses animal fat that has been reduced into fatty acids. Many vegetable fats, including olive oil, palm kernel oil, and coconut oil, are also used in soap making.
- Alkali/Base: The most commonly used alkalis are Sodium Hydroxide and Pottasium Hydroxide. It depends upon the type of soap that you want to manufacture.
- Other Additives : These are used to give color, texture and fragrance to the soaps. Without these, a soap bar will be dull in colour and will have an odour of dirt.
The most exciting thing is that all these raw materials are easily available and that too at very low cost.
It depends upon the scale of the business that you want to start with. Ideally, you can start it at your home with an initial investment of about 2.5 lakh rupees and it will give you pretty exciting returns. It is expected that a soap manufacturing unit can generate revenues as high as three times the amount invested and a profit equal to it.
Machinery Required for Soap Manufacturing Business:
You will have to invest some money in buying machines, if you want to have a good to go business. Initially, you can start with the following machines:
- Plodder Machine (1 Lakh rupees)
- Miller Machine ( 1 lakh Rupees)
- Sap Stamping Machine (2000 rupees)
- Soap Cutting Machine ( 5000 Rupees)
Working capital Required For Soap Manufacturing Business:
You can initially start with a working capital of 1 lakh rupees, besides investment in power costs and other recievables.
In case you do not have enough money, you can take a loan from government for this purpose. Since, the amount of investment required would be less than Rs.1 crore, loan can be obtained under the CGTMSE scheme (Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises) without any collateral.
Future Prospects of Soap Manufacturing Business:
Soap Making business is going to remain evergreen for ever and your business will always see an upward trend if you chalk out a proper strategy to execute it.
Nowadays, People have started becoming health conscious, and they are trying to avoid chemical free soaps. The trend for Handmade and Organic soaps is witnessing an upward trend and you can grab this oppurtunity. These Organic and Hand made soaps are selling like hot cakes and that too at higher prices. You can make better of this oppurtunity and become a big brand.
Starting this business can be your first step towards your prosperity. However, you need it to keep it in mind that success does not come overnight and, that you need a proper planning to execute the things and take your business forward. You will have to be very passionate and dedicated, if you want your business to succeed.
Also Check: Wall putty manufacturing business idea
We hope, that you might have liked this soap manufacturing business idea.