Reyaz Ahmad Best Teacher: Every year, the Ministry of Education selects educators from across India for the “Best Teacher Awards”, and the award is conferred upon them on September 5, that is celebrated as the “National Teachers Day” in India.
The coveted award is conferred by the President of India, and it carries a certificate of merit, a cash reward of Rs 50,000 and a silver medal.
This year, the ministry has selected 75 teachers for this award. They include 50 school teachers, 13 teachers from higher education and 12 teachers from Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
One among these 75 teachers is Mr. Reyaz Ahmad Sheikh hailing from Anantnag district of Jammu & Kashmir.
Reyaz Ahmad Sheikh, Some Details
Reyaz Ahmad is working as a teacher at Middle School Poshnari, Chittergul.
Reyaz Ahmad has been very instrumental in enhancing the enrollment of girl students in Poshnari.
Apart from education, he has also played a key role in encouraging children to participate in co-curricular activities. He has been taking students to Gulmarg each year for 15 day snow skiing course.
The steps taken by Mr. Reyaz have played a vital role in development of education system in his area, which is otherwise an educationally backward area.
List of other selectees
The other teachers selected for the Best Teacher Award are;
- Satyapal Singh from Haryana,
- Vijay Kumar from HP,
- Amritpal Singh from Punjab,
- Arti Qanungo from Delhi.
- Daulat Singh Gusain from Uttrakhand.
- Sanjay Kumar from Chandigarh,
- Avinash Murlidhar Parkhe from Goa,
- Shyamsundar Ramchand Khanchandani from Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu,
- Brajesh Pandey from Chhattisgarh,
- Md. Ejazul Haque from Jharkhand,
- Chandan Mishra from West Bengal,
- Netai Chandra Dey from Arunachal Pradesh,
- Ningthoujam Binoy Singh from Manipur,
- Dr. Purna Bahadur Chhetri from Sikkim,
- Lalthianghlima from Mizoram,
- Madhav Singh from Meghalaya,
- Kumud Kalita from Assam,
- Jose D Sujeev from Kerala,
- Mrinal Nandkishor Ganjale from Maharashtra,
in addition, there are two teachers each from Rajasthan, Asha Rani Suman and Sheela Asopa; Gujarat, Deepak Jethalal Mota and Dr. Ritaben Nikeshchandra Fulwala; Madhya Pradesh, Sarika Gharu and Seema Agnihotri; Odisha, Shashi Sekhar Kar Sharma and Subhash Chandra Rout; Uttar Pradesh, Asiya Farooqui and Chndr Prakash Agrwal; Karnataka, Narayan Parmeshwar Bhagwat and Sapna Shrishail Anigol; Telangana, Archana Noogur and Santhosh Kumar Bhedodkar; and Tamil Nadu, Dr T Godwin Vedanayagam Rajkumar and Malathi S. S. Malathi.
Further, three teachers each have been selected from Andhra Pradesh, Mekala Bhaskar Rao, Murahara Rao Uma Gandhi and Settem Anjaneyulu; and Bihar, Anil Kumar Singh, Dwijendra Kumar, and Kumari Guddi.
It is pertinent to mention here that the selected teachers will reach the National Capital on 3rd September, and they will stay at “Hotel Ashok” from September 3 to September 6.
This was all about Reyaz Ahmad Best Teacher Awardee from Jammu Kashmir.